Houston is defined by its port and its position on the Gulf Coast. These factors have allowed Houston to grow into the booming global hub it is today and provide our city with the potential for even more growth and expansion. There is an ocean of possibility for the future of our city in the port and maritime industries. There is work to be done both inland and at sea, repairing boats, loading cargo, conducting research, serving as a crew member—the list goes on.
The Port of Houston is the #1 export hub in the nation and one of the busiest ports in the world. With the expansion of the Panama Canal, our port will become an even greater economic center. One of the most thrilling aspects of working in this sector is the opportunity to work internationally and travel the world. But even for those who never leave the port of Houston, the industry affords you the opportunity to interact with people and products from across the globe. Hop on the wave of opportunity and find a job right here in Houston in the port and maritime sector.
A career in the Port & Maritime industry might be right for you if…
- You like the idea of an international working life that revolves around the oceans.
- You enjoy working hands-on and are goal-oriented.
- You are an effective communicator and an active listener.
- You are a decision maker and have excellent sense of judgement.
- You are dependable, adaptable, and flexible.