In a nutshell, advanced manufacturing uses innovative technology to improve products or processes. But when you think of manufacturing, many picture dark factory floors and long assembly lines. The truth is—technology has given this industry a complete overhaul. From electronics and precision health-related machinery to nanotechnology and robotics, this sector creates some of the most innovative and technologically complex products.
Manufacturers do not seek workers who will complete repetitive and mindless tasks for hours on end; that’s what the machines are for! Instead, they seek problem solvers with technical skills and creative minds. Advanced manufacturing is well suited for those interested in math and science. The work is engaging and challenging. Every morning will present a new problem or puzzle to solve. As a top manufacturing city in the country, no other place will afford you the opportunities that Houston can.
A career in the Manufacturing industry might be right for you if…
- You want to make some of the most innovative and technologically complex products in the world.
- You are detail-oriented and a problem solver.
- You are handy and have mechanical and technical abilities.
- You are reliable and willing to take on multiple tasks.
- You have great communication skills and function well as part of a team.